Living with you and the rest of your family can be a very beneficial transition for your aging parent. This can bring them into closer proximity to their family caregiver for greater support, take away the financial burden of managing their own home, and benefit the family by creating a closer bond while also giving you more time and flexibility.
If you are considering having your parent come live with you, you may think this means you are then completely responsible for all of their needs, and should not consider having any care for them. This is not necessarily the case. Even if your parent lives with you, having elderly care as a part of their routine can be extremely beneficial for everyone involved.
Some of the reasons you should still consider services for elderly living at home include:
- Provide consistency of care so even as your personal schedule changes, you can feel confident your senior is still getting everything they need.
- Give you flexibility in your daily life to manage all aspects of your day rather than only worrying about your parent’s care needs.
- Ensure you are available for other things, such as attending activities with your children.
- Provide for ongoing care when you are at work or otherwise out of the home.
- Allow for more independence and autonomy for your senior who can rely on an elderly home care services provider for transportation to activities, errands, volunteer opportunities, and more so you do not have to always be the one to provide this transportation.
- Provide for diversification of care and mental stimulation through activities and companionship.
- Provide respectful and dignified assistance for potentially sensitive tasks such as bathing.
- Support and physical assistance for participating in activities and outings with the family so you can focus on enjoying the experience and taking care of your children.
There’s a common misconception that help for the elderly living at home is only beneficial for those who are extremely elderly, have extensive challenges, or have no family near them.
This is not the case. Instead, the customized services for elderly living at home can be exceptionally beneficial even for those seniors who have ongoing support from their family, only suffer mild to moderate needs, and have remained largely independent.
These services are fully customizable, which means your parent receives what they need when they need it. The services are tailored to handling their challenges and needs in the ways that are right for them while promoting a quality of life that they desire and deserve. These services can benefit your parents by saving their energy, saving their time, boosting mobility, offering transportation, and more.
If you or an aging loved-one are considering hiring a Caregiver in Kennewick, WA, please contact the caring staff at Solutions today. We serve all of the Tri-Cities areas. Call 509-627-8575.